Monday, September 29, 2008

Unfortunate Accident

So here is my Dad as a result of a car accident. He and my sister were driving to Lowes to get a part. They were driving through an intersection when all fo a sudden, BAM, a car came through their red light and hit my Dad's truck. It caused to spin my dad and ended up into a light pole. The air bags deployed and they were wearing their seatbelts which saved their lives. My Dad immediately got out of the truck when it stopped to go see if Sheila was ok She is 5 months prego. After he came to her side and found out she was ok, he collapsed and the paramedics were there in minutes to help them. My sister had to go to Jordan Valley. My Dad was sent to IMC the new hospital on State street. My Mom called me to go check to see if Sheila was ok. So I drove over to see if she was. All she had was a nasty welt from the seatbelt, but other than that she was ok. So then I rushed over to see what was going on with my Dad. When I got there my Mom was in the waiting area. A couple of minutes passed and a doctor came to tell us about his condition. He said he was in a lot of pain, and waiting the results from the x-rays and cat scans. We went back there and I almost broke down. Just knowing that my Dad could have been taken away from our family is devasting to even think about. But he was fine because of the morohine in his body and still shaken from the whole thing. So now I will tell you about the other guy who hit my Dad. The firefighters had to use the jaws of life to get him out his car was so badly impaired. As was he when I saw his x-rays. His ER room was next to my Dad's so we could see everything. He pretty much broke every bone in his body. And they are waiting to get the results if he was drunk while driving. Anyways so we got the results from the x-rays and he just has a fracture in his left hip. Then he is bruised from the waist up. Back, neck, wrist, sternum. But he is thankfully alive. He was in the hospital for one night and then released the next day. He and my sister are still in a little bit of shock and disbelief that they even survived. The poor truck didn't. I love you Dad!!


























The scene of the accident. The black pole is where my Dad's truck ended up.









2 comments:

Connie Robinson said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad it was not worse. We love you and your family. Glad they are ok.

Jen Hallam said...

Sooooo glad that your paps and Sheila are going to be ok. What a traumatic way to spend the day! Luckily they don't look like the truck looks. yikes!